It is the body which reviews the academic performance and progress of the College. It meets regularly to ratify the changes in syllabus and other such matters. The composition of the present Academic Council is as follows:
Academic Council of Nizam College performs the following functions as per the UGC guidelines:
- Scrutinize and approve the proposals of the Boards of Studies with regard to courses of study, academic regulations, curricula, syllabi and modifications thereof, instructional and evaluation arrangements, methods, procedures relevant thereto etc..
- Make regulations regarding the admission of students to different programmes of study in the college keeping in view the policy of the Government.
- Make regulations for sports, extra-curricular activities, and proper maintenance and functioning of the playgrounds and hostels.
- of study.
- Recommend to the Governing Body institution of scholarships, studentships, fellowships, prizes and medals, and to frame regulations for the award of the same.
- Advise the Governing Body on suggestions pertaining to academic affairs made by it.
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned by the Governing Body.
Principal, Nizam College
Vice-Principal, Nizam College
Dept. Of Economics
Academic Coordinator , Nizam College
Dept. of English, Nizam College
Dept.of Political Science,Nizam College
Prof. B. Pratibha Devi
Head, Deparatment of Botany, O.U.
Prof. C. Ganesh
Department of Sociology, O.U.
Prof. B. Reddya Naik
Dept. of Zoology, O.U.
- Member Secretary
Dr. B. Sireesha
Dept. of Chemistry