The Department of Arabic was established in the year 1887 and is one of the oldest departments of the college. The Department has received services from eminent teachers like Dr. Zahed Ali, Prof Mohammad Abdul Moid Khan who were deputed to Oxford University for advanced studies. Prof Syed Ibrahim Nadvi was the first Head to have organized a three day national seminar in 1986 on “Contributions of Indian scholars to Arabic language.” In recognition to the meritorious services rendered for the promotion of Arabic language and literature in India, four teachers of the Department were honored with ‘ Certificate of honour’ by the President of India. At present the department offers Arabic as second language at UG level and has one part time faculty. A large number of foreign students have been studying Arabic and there is a continuous and steep rise in the number of students opting for Arabic.
| Syed Misbahuddin Hussaini |
B.Ed, M.A, M.phil.(Ph.d)
|Assistant professor (Part-Time) |
Email ID: email@example.com