Department Of BBA
The Bachelor of Business Administration course was started in NIzam College for the first time with respect from the Academic year 2013-2014.This course is on par with any other degree course offered in SIX semesters. However the course is exclusively offered for Foreign Students only as pet the decision taken by the Osmania University.
The course is in great demand since it offers commerce, management and computer knowledge. The intake is 60 students per section. Admissions are processed by the Osmania University, UFRO. Around 90% of the students are on ICCR fellowship holders.
In the inception year 2013-2014, the students were 49 in number representing 8 countries with maximum from Afghanistan. The other countries are Turkmenistan, South Sudan, Sudan, Djibouti, Nepal, Uganda and Kenya.
The second batch (2014-2015) of students are 58 in number representing 18 countries, they are Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, South Sudan, Sudan, Djibouti, Bangladesh, Iraq, Tajikistan, Ethiopia, Chad, Republic of Congo, Yemen, Oman, USA, Somalia, Eritrea, Ivory Cost, South Africa and Kenya.
The course structure including the syllabi is enclosed here with. Apart from the basic subjects like Finance, HR and Marketing, new courses like MIS, ERP and CRM etc are introduced which are very useful to the students in point of their career and jobs which have value across the Globe. All the 6 semesters have Non Credit subjects, which add value to their knowledge and which prepare them to face the real world. The NC subjects are - Human values and Ethics, Indian Heritage and Culture, Environmental Science, Science and Civilization, Personality development and Business Etiquette. Prof. D.Ramesh was the course coordinator and on his transfer Prof. Usha assumed the coordinator ship. Presently the Dept. has Three Part-Time Faculty members.
Though the course was started recently, the young and dynamic Faculty members have organized several activities which are reported with great pride. Business Activity Support Hub (BASH) was formed to inculcate practical knowledge and evoke active participation.
The events conducted under BASH are as follows
- The first event conducted under BASH was "BBA Exhibition", on 6th SEP, 2014. Students prepared hand made products and the famous products of their countries which were exhibited. Through their event they were given practical exposure to marketing, Finance and Customer convincing skills.
- An Industrial visit to Economic Times Printing Press was organized on 7th NoV, 2014, where students had a chance to learn about the technical, technological aspects related to print media.
- In order to Inculcate Sports Spirit Interclass Football match was organized on 31th JAN, 2015. This match was voluntarily organized by the students themselves under the leadership of G.Revanth Kumar.
- Workshop on "Entrepreneurship" - Start your own Business is sheduled on 11th MARCH, 2015, in collaboration woth Propart Solutions PVT.LMT, HYD.
- Visit to a Software organization.
- Visit to ISB, HYD.
|Dr. Avinash Jaiswal,M.A, M.Phil, Ph.D||Asst. professor, HOD|