Dr. P. Hima Bindu has been appointed as Coordinator for IQAC in the month of October, 2019. She has a teaching experience of 14 years at both Post graduate and Graduate level. She holds a Masters and PhD degree in Physics and also Master degree in Psychology from Kakatiya University, Warangal. She has been a post-doctoral researcher at University of Surrey, United Kingdom. She is currently working on the synthesis of non-toxic Nanoparticles for various applications and radiation dosimetry. She has collaboration with CCMB, HCU, University of Malaya and University of South Florida and University of Surrey, UK for her research activities. She has organized several seminars and one International conference. She is an active volunteer for Voice4girls, Ashwin Maharaj Foundation and Planetary Society India. She actively participates in Government education programmes like TV shows, science exhibitions etc. She held administrative positions as Coordinator for SWAYAM program of UGC and also Convener for Women Empowerment Cell at Nizam college. She has also held the post of Head of the Department at Nizam College from July 2016 to July 2018. She has visited and presented research papers in USA, Malaysia and United Kingdom as part of career development
Introduction In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institution's system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of institutions. During the post-accreditation period, the IQAC will channelize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) IQAC, Nizam College was established on 25th June, 2011. As per the guidelines of National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), IQAC performs the following functions:
- Improving the quality benchmarks in various aspects of academic, research and administrative activities and functions of the institution
- Encouraging and facilitating a learner-centric environment and strengthening students support services for effective and participatory teaching learning process
- Organization of various awareness programmes, inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on diversified themes
- Encouraging participative management in College governance
- Encouraging extension activities through NCC, NSS, Biodiversity Club, OYSTER etc.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Collection and analysis of feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution in the development and improvement of Quality Culture in the institution by evolving best practices
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC