Nizam college is in the forefront of adapting to modern day requirements in terms of academics. It is “Students first” our college motto. This college has seen several generations of intellectuals who have excelled in their fields (even today). Nizam college, with its vast experience in the higher education system has been a hub for revolutions and remarkable changes as and when required. We at Nizam College strive to provide world class education suitable for everyone across the globe with choice based education system, different diploma and certificate courses. The number of foreign students from more than 70 countries is a proof for this. Sports area is a big asset to the college as its located in the heart of the city. College maintained hostels provide home like care and comfort to the students. The green campus area and heritage buildings leaves you with loads of memories. Internal Quality Assurance Cell, Nizam college, heartfully welcomes you and wishes students all the best for their future
Introduction In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institution's system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of institutions. During the post-accreditation period, the IQAC will channelize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) IQAC, Nizam College was established on 25th June, 2011. As per the guidelines of National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), IQAC performs the following functions:
- Improving the quality benchmarks in various aspects of academic, research and administrative activities and functions of the institution
- Encouraging and facilitating a learner-centric environment and strengthening students support services for effective and participatory teaching learning process
- Organization of various awareness programmes, inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on diversified themes
- Encouraging participative management in College governance
- Encouraging extension activities through NCC, NSS, Biodiversity Club, OYSTER etc.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Collection and analysis of feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution in the development and improvement of Quality Culture in the institution by evolving best practices
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC