The Department of Commerce, is one of the oldest and largest departments in the country, has been serving for the last 81 years. Commerce Department was started at Nizam College in the year 1940. Since then, B.Com Degree course has been offered in the department. In the year 1970, M.Com with costing and Taxation specialization, was introduced at Nizam College, upgrading Commerce Department into a Post Graduate Department.
In the year 1995, B.Com Vocational course in Foreign Trade Practices &Procedures was offered with the intake of 30 students. B.Com e-Commerce was started in the year 1999-2000.
In the year 1995-96, the department has been upgraded, as a faculty of commerce and Head of Department is also the Chairman, Board of Studies. In the year 2000-01, as per the approval of UGC, M.Com course was offered with the change in specialization as International Business. At the Post-graduate level, this is the only college in Andhra Pradesh, which offers International Business as specialization in the third and fourth semesters. In September 2006 a Certificate course on e- Commerce and Web Developer was started. In the academic year 2016-17 the Certificate course on e- Commerce and Web Developer was revised and Diploma in e-commerce and Web Designing was launched.
Provision of Internet facilities through WiFi round the clock, use of Audio-visual aids in the class rooms, conduct of Group discussions, Case studies, Role-plays, Mock-interviews etc., Interaction of Student counsellors with students for frequent sharing of views and problems and guiding them throughout their course period are some of the student development activities of the Department.
Project Report preparation by studying a researchable topic in a firm or taking up a burning issue related to Finance / Marketing or Human Resource Management and analysing it by survey method, by using appropriate statistical tools, whereby offering useful suggestions to the industry world, is a challenging task carried out with success by the senior students, which is applauded by the Industry experts who evaluate them. This exercise is at times providing corporates with an opportunity to spot the merit and absorb them in their own firms.
- The Department of Commerce was established in the year 1940, with a vision of providing excellence in the fields of Commerce by imparting value based education, training and research. The Department has the pride of being one of the best departments in our college for course curriculum development, teaching and research in Commerce discipline.
- The Department is offering both undergraduate and post graduate courses. The Department well recognized the need for Computer education and introduced B.Com (e-Commerce) course in the year 1999 itself.
- It is also offering a one year Diploma Course in e-Commerce and Web Designing. The Department has been in the forefront in responding to the industry needs by swiftly devising new courses or revising the syllabi of existing courses so as to make students industry-ready.
- It has the credit of offering a perfect blend of Information Technology with Commerce core subjects in such an inseparable fashion that use of computers by faculty and students is made indispensable while learning commerce subjects.
- Further, the Department introduced computer and commerce lab as a part of the curriculum and assessment to expose the commerce students to the practical knowledge and environment.
- At present, the Department has 10 faculty members comprising of 1 professor, 1 Associate Professor, 1 Assistant professor, 3 Assistant professors (C) and 04 part-time lecturers.
- The students profile reflects immense diversity with students from ruralTelangana, local students and foreign students from various countries like - Ethiopia, Somalia, Iran, Jordan, Yemen, Oman, Kenya, Tanzania, Saudi Arabia, Maldives etc.The department has introduced CBCS pattern for both UG and PG courses. Project work and seminar presentation is compulsory for both UG and PG students.The department also offers a Multi-disciplinary paper on e-banking to all the UG students of all the streams.Department of commerce gives great importance to our student's overall personality development, particularly in developing student's communication skills, problem solving capacities and appreciation for teamwork.
- The department has a student's clubNEEM (NIZAM EMBRYONIC EXECUTIVE MÉLANGE),whichprovides a platform for students to develop their overall personality and improve their marketability. JAM sessions, debate, Business quiz, dumb charades, elocution, group discussions, mock interviews, power point presentations etc. are part of the NEEM club activities.
Vision of the department
Envisions providing excellence in the field of Commerce by imparting value based education, training and research.
Finance, Marketing, Retailing, Digital Marketing, Human Resource Management, Economics, International Business
Objectives of the Department
- To provide holistic and value based education for overall personality development of the student.
- To prepare students for higher education and train them with required skills for employment/ self-employment
- Provide a nurturing and encouraging environment to exploit the full potential of the students
- Offering a perfect blend of Information Technology with Commerce core subjects in such an inseparable fashion that use of computers by faculty and students is made indispensable while learning commerce subjects.
Infrastructure of the department
- The Department has developed an air-conditioned. Commerce Computer Lab for all the students of B.Com and M.Com.
- This lab comprises of 40 systems, 02 Printer and software required to meet the requirements of B.Com- E-Commerce and all other Commerce courses.
- Audio-Visual equipment has been purchased and regularly used for effective teaching purpose. LCD Projector, Lap Top, OHP, TV, Scanner have been purchased for the department.
|Dr.P.Srinivas Reddy,M.Com, M.Phil, Ph.D, ICWA Intermediate|
Dr P Srinivas Reddy Assistant Professor , Department of Commerce Nizam College, Osmania University. He had 20years experience his specialization subjects are accounting and Finance. He has completed M.Com, M.Phil, Ph.D, ICWAI Inter and also qualified NET from UGC in the year 2013. He was invited by many colleges as guest lecture. He presented many papers national and international conferences. He has published 7 articles.
"Dr.A.Manjula faculty, Department of Commerce, Nizam College, Osmania University. My area of interest is Finance and Accounting. I have 20 years of experience in teaching for B.Com and M.Com courses. I have completed a Master of Commerce (M.COM) with first division from Osmania University, M.Phil from Mandurai Kamaraj University and Ph.D from Osmania University. I have also qualified for the National Eligibility Test(UGCNET) and State Eligibility Test(APSET). I published research papers in reputed International and National journals and also papers presented in the International and National seminars and I also participated in Faculty development programmes, workshops, seminars. I have been teaching Financial Accounting, Statistics, Investment management, Financial Management, Business organization management, Banking and Insurance, etc. I am also NSS Programme Officer since 4 years. "
|Mr. G. Devender,MCA, HDSE,[M.Com],[Ph.D]|
Mr G Devender is an Assistant Professor(Contract), Department of Commerce and Course Coordinator for Diploma in e-Commerce and Web Designing, Nizam College, Osmania University. I did my Masters in Computer Application from the same university and also completed Higher Diploma in Software Engineering from APTECH.
|Dr.P. Kishan Rao,NA|
Dr. PonagotiKishanRao has been working as Assistant Professor (C) Department of CommerceNizam College, Osmania University. I have authored one booktitled "MARKETING OF MILK AND MILK PRODUCTS-A SELECT STUDY OF MULKANOOR WOMEN CO-OPERATIVE DAIRY". My area of interest is Accounting and Finance. I have been teaching Financial Accounting, Corporate Accounting, Banking and Insurance,International Financial Management (B.com &M.Com ) over a period of Seven (7) years. I have qualified NET (National Eligibility Test) examination conducted by UGC, New Delhi. I have been awarded Ph.D from Osmania University and published Five (5) research papers in the reputed International and National Journals and attended Eight (8) National and International Seminars and seven (7) Workshops.
Mrs. Sonakshi Jaiswal is an Assistant Professor (P.T) ,Department of Commerce, Nizam College, Hyderabad. She specializes in the area of Marketing and Finance. Her areas of interest are Finance and Marketing. She has been teaching Taxation, Corporate Accounts, Business Organization and Management, Business Statistics,Banking,E-commerce and Information Technology .She is pursuing her Doctoral Degree from Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi with Marketing as her specialization. She completed her Masters of Commerce with Distinction Marks and secured 10th rank in Osmania University, Hyderabad.
K.Ashwini faculty Department of Commerce Nizam College, Osmania University. My area of interest is Finance and Marketing. I have been teaching Business law, Business organization management, Banking and Insurance, Managerial Economics (B.com) over a period of 4 years. I am pursuing Ph.D. from Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi with Marketing specialization. I have completed Master of Business MBA with distinction from Osmania University, Hyderabad and also Master of commerce M.COM with first division from Osmania University, I published research papers in reputed International and National journal and also paper presented in the International and National seminar and I also participated in Faculty development programmers. The area of interest is in Finance and Marketing in addition to that software's like SPSS and AMOS
|Dr T Venkatiah,NA|
Dr T Ventataiah has been working has Assistant Professor(Part-Time), Department of Commerce, Nizam College, Osmania University. I got NET-JRF in Commerce, got fellowship from 2013-2017. I have author a book title name is "Foreign Directory Investment in Indian Retail Sector A Study of Select Retail Stores in Telanaga State V Randa publishing house" , in the year 2017. I have published 9 articles National and International journals. I did M.Com and Ph.D from Osmania University. I attended and presented research papers 20 National and International Seminar. I attended two workshops 10 days in Osmania University.
|Mrs Sony Yadav,M.Com,PGDCA|
I A.Sony working in Nizam College ae a part time teacher since 2018in department of commerce.my qualification s being M.com,Pgdca with previous experience of 2years in Villa marie inter college presently working at Nizam college commerce department teaching for degree and handling different subjects.
|Mr J Krishna Yadav,NA|
J Krishana Yadav working has a lab progammer in the department of commerce since 2007-till date. Completed M.Com,MBA with CCNA certification.